Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So, tell me about yourself...

In a recent set of administration meeting minutes here at Champlain Valley Union High School, our "newly"-hired principal shared an article which showcased principals' favorite interview questions. After last week's seminar about interviewing and the like, I found the timing of this article to be fortuitous.

A good posture is of the utmost importance. Two of my favorite questions:

"Where does control sit in your classroom?"

 and this terrifying scenario:

 "Pretend that we magically convened all of your previous supervisors in this room. I tell them that we are impressed by you but that no one is perfect, so what's something you need to work on?"

What's your favorite from this article? Have you been on an interview and been asked a question that stuck with you? Or terrified you? Or made you laugh? Eh?

1 comment:

  1. So many questions! I like, "Tell me about an influential teacher in your life," which seems like an obvious question, but one I hadn't thought of before. Many of those questions are the same as interviewing in the corporate world. Thanks for sharing the article, James!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.